Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Need a Job

I've been trying to get a job as a student nurse tech. Unfortunately it's very competitive... because the hospital is located right next to the school. EVERYONE applied.

I interviewed for the ER spot and didn't make it. I have another interview for the PCU, and here's hoping I make that one. Unfortunately the interview isn't until June 5th. Crap, I REALLY want this job. But I feel like half the summer is going to be gone before I get hired anywhere. I'd look other places, but I don't want to commit somewhere only to be called back in.

This is really lame. My scholarship ran out last semester, so I need some serious money before fall.

I'm getting very impatient.

7 Comments:

That's the only available hospital?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 11:52:00 PM PDT  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger esunasoul, at Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 11:56:00 PM PDT  

Not the only available hospital... just the only one with the Student Nurse Tech job. There are only two main competing systems in the area, only one takes students, and there are 5 positions open in the area. So, obviously it's quite competitive.

I could try to do pharmacy or something if I was dead-set on working in a hospital, but that's not as relevant to what I'll actually be doing one day.

By Blogger esunasoul, at Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 11:57:00 PM PDT  

Have you considered doing some home health as a CNA? Many agencies will use advanced nursing students. The driving is a hassle, but it can be pretty cool and you can set your own schedule.

By Blogger Marisapan, at Thursday, June 1, 2006 at 6:35:00 AM PDT  

How interesting, I've never heard of doing that. I've almost nailed a job in the hospital though in Oncology, so here's hoping.

By Blogger esunasoul, at Thursday, June 1, 2006 at 8:56:00 AM PDT  

Hi heather..My name is Matt..sorry no photo yet..I recently started a blog for my graduating RN class 2006 here in Upstae NY..I feel your pain how hard it can be to get a job..luckily I was one of the 6 (out of 33) that was hired here at our local hospital, but that was only because the census was high. (lucked out)..our blog address is http://nccc2006.blogspot.com ....your all welcome to come and comment or just vent about the nursing career...we are all waiting to take our boards right now, so we are studying frantically..hang in there...you sound dedicated.

By Blogger coullier1, at Friday, June 9, 2006 at 4:40:00 PM PDT  

I have a job for you in Texas. Let me know if you are interested. GREAT PAY! We pay weekly.

By Blogger Unknown, at Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 3:11:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home