Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Report Card

*does a dance* Who made A's on their last two tests? That's right, it was me. And it's something to be proud of; the third Pathophysiology test had a class average of 71%. (As you know, 80% is the lowest passing grade.)

Patho is going to keep a lot of people from going on to second level. One guy in my group has already calculated that he can't raise his average to 80 even with the final grade, so he's out before the semester's even over. Poor guy. Some say Patho was easier over the summer last year. I don't regret waiting to take it, and I'll be more than happy to pass with the B this year.

We're in the midst of registering for second level classes. Everyone is telling horror stories to their underclassmen. "Walker knows her stuff. If you get Landry, she'll only put you on the spot about drug cards and send you home with an F if you don't know what all your meds are". Others say "Downy is really easy, but Landry is better because she doesn't assign much paperwork". Conflicting rumors. I wonder which are true? Its so hard to judge, with everything being so subjective.

Honestly, I could care less who I end up with. If it's someone really hard... well... I know I'll be that much better a nurse for it. I may be a grade-obsessor, but I'd rather make a hard-earned C than an easy A, since I'll know for sure that I passed by sheer force of will rather than from people handing me things. Easy teachers don't make for high NCLEX scores.

2 Comments:

Good job, Heather!! That's 2 tests down, now just about a billion left to go, right?! ;-) Keep up the good work.

Dustin B

By Blogger Dustin, at Monday, November 21, 2005 at 11:55:00 AM PST  

Good job and good attitude! I found that in nursing school, no matter what teacher/clinical instructor I got, I could always find something to piss me off about them. Not that I'm usually a pissed off person, I think it's just something about nursing school...BTW, your knowledge of pathophys will take you farther than anything else you will learn in nursing school.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at 11:27:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home